SANTA BARBARA AND MONTECITO PROPERTY INSURANCE UPDATE:
Flood? Last Chance? Since there is a 30-day wait period from when you initially sign up for flood insurance, until the policy becomes effective, we strongly advise that you consider flood insurance sooner rather than later.
Two things you can do to prepare for a Flood:
1. Be Proactive: Buy Flood Insurance to protect your home. Click here:
2. Be Prepared.
From ReadySBC.org Be Storm Ready
10 Steps to Protect Yourself Now
The intensity of the Thomas Fire left our mountains with little or no vegetation to prevent the slopes from sliding. With the immediate approach of winter storms, the threat of flash floods and debris flows is now 10 times greater in your community than before the fire – they can happen with little or no warning. Officials may only be able to alert the public with just a few minutes notice, or none at all. It is imperative that you understand the seriousness of the situation and are prepared.
Do not delay in taking action to protect you, your family and your property. To determine if your property is in a risk area, please refer to this SB Interactive Flood Map
or call 211.
We recommend that you take the following actions now:
- Sign up for emergency alerts at www.awareandprepare.org.
- Monitor weather reports and consider your safety risk when a weather advisory is issued.
- Be prepared to leave before roads, creeks and waterways are flowing, or go to a neighbor on high ground or shelter in-place.
- Know all your local access roads and understand that some may be blocked by debris. Have an alternate plan or route. Mudslides can occur even days after a storm when the ground is saturated.
- NEVER drive or walk into floodwaters or go around barricades. It is impossible to know how deep the water is just by looking at it.
- Consider installing sandbags, straw wattles, and other methods to divert water and reduce erosion on your property. Santa Barbara County Public Works offers sandbags.
For locations and information, call County Flood Control at (805) 568-3440 or go to www.countyofsb.org/pwd/sandbag.sbc.
- Refer to the Homeowner Guide to Flood Prevention and Response (español).
- Flood Insurance: Most homeowners insurance does not cover floods from natural disasters. Make sure your home is protected.
- Have an Emergency Plan and a Disaster Kit ready to go. For more information, read the additional resources here as the Debris Flow Survival Guide ( español).
- Our Public Works Department has much more information on storm preparedness.
Protect your home with a Free Flood Quote Now!
If you would like a free quote for Flood Insurance, click, call or come in.
For 30 years, Baxter Insurance has been the leading provider for Homeowner’s, Flood and Earthquake Insurance for Santa Barbara. We represent both the National Insurance Flood Program (NIFP) and the private insurance market. WE will obtain the best possible coverage at the lowest price.
Feel Free to share the Baxter Newsletter with your friends and neighbors.
If you have any questions, or would like a free quote:
Come in: 1033 Santa Barbara Street, Santa Barbara, CA
Baxter Insurance is the leading provider of Homeowners Insurance in the Santa Barbara, Montecito & Goleta areas.
Some Final Notes:
We provide quick insurance escrow service.
We have a multitude of the best carriers Chubb, PURE, AIG, Farmers, and many more.
Agents designation from the Wharton School- Certified Advisor of Personal Insurance
Thousands of homes insured since 1989
We can write difficult to place homes
Fast, efficient, and responsive quote process
Top notch service throughout the life of the policy- full client service and claims support. You can expect us to provide you with highest level of service.
Our promise to you is to be there, not just at the time of sale, but at your time of need.
The Baxter Team
To Contact Us:
Local Downtown Office:
1033 Santa Barbara Street
Santa Barbara CA, 93101
9AM to 5PM M-F
Disclaimer: This writing is Copyright © 2018 by Baxter Insurance. It may be freely redistributed in its entirety provided that this copyright notice is not removed. It may not be sold for profit or used in commercial documents without the written permission of the copyright holder. This writing is provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty. This writing is for educational purposes only and does not purport to provide insurance, professional, financial, or legal advice. If you require insurance, professional, or legal advice, you should consult and engage directly with an insurance advisor, attorney, CPA, or other appropriate professional. The information provided here is for reference use only and does not constitute the rendering of insurance, legal, financial, or other professional advice or recommendations by Baxter Insurance. The listing of an organization or website does not imply any sort of endorsement and Baxter Insurance takes no responsibility for the products, tools, and Internet sites listed.